Monday, March 22, 2010

Requirement 18C - A Day in the Life of Jay

I am supposed to keep a daily record of my activities for 2 weeks.

Today I woke up at 6:31 AND got out of bed.
Then I got dressed and ate breakfast.
I left for school at 7:40 but I forgot my lunch so we drove home again.
I got to school finally at 7:48.
The first thing I did at school was read because I finished all my work yesterday.
Next we corrected the paper from yesterday. I did good except I accidentally skipped 2 problems.
Next we did Estimations in Math. I was only one off. I chose 243. The real answer was 244.
Next we did "Specials". It was Computer Day. I did math exercises in a program called "Study Island" on the computer. I got a really squeaky chair.
After "Specials" we got ready to go to Reading. In Reading, we listened to a report about Thomas Jefferson. Then we finished our AIMS test prep. We got to show people rocks that we found. I was the last one to do it. I found a whole bunch of rocks. One of them looked like my pocket knife. Another looked like a duck's foot. Then reading was over.
Then we went to lunch. I ate leftover meat, rice, crackers and spinach dip. I ran out of time to eat my asparagus. Then I went to recess.

At recess, I tried out a game that didn't turn out so well. Everyone on the other team was cheating. It was a game with hoops and a football. If someone steals the football on your side, you have to tag them before they pass the line in the middle. Once they pass the line in the middle, their team wins.

After recess, we went back to the classroom and read for a couple minutes. I am reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Then the teacher read us a chapter out of the book "Mouse on the Motorcycle". We just started it today. We only got to chapter 2. I've read it before and I enjoyed it the first time. After she read to us, we did writing. Unfortunately it was really hot in the classroom because the air conditioning wasn't working. So everyone was asking to get a drink.

After writing, we did Science. In Science, we learned about clouds and what forms them. About clouds, I learned that they are formed by water vapor. Wind changes the shape of the clouds.

After that I went home. I don't have soccer anymore. Usually we have to do homework first but I didn't have any. Then I get to play until 5pm. Tonight is my turn to do the lesson for Family Home Evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.