Sunday, August 8, 2010

School is Cool...and so am I

Tomorrow I have to pay rent for my desk at school. I owe $100 for the month of September. I have 130 scholar dollars. I earned them by being good and working hard. She passes out dollars at least once a day for things like standing good in line, after taking tests, or helping someone with their job. We also get $20 for every Character Sticker we earn at school.

I can also apply for a job. There are 9 jobs: librarian, security, pencil duty, electrician, messenger, mailman and more. The librarian is in charge of the classroom books ($30/week). Security makes sure that all the doors are locked when we go out and that the teacher has her classroom keys ($20/week). The electrician is in charge of turning the computers on and off at the beginning and end of the day ($10/week). Pencil duty makes sure all pencil sharpeners are emptied when they're full ($20/week). Messenger brings letters to other teachers ($20/week). Mailman travels between the classroom and office ($30/week). If you have a job, you get paid every Friday.

After paying rent on your desk at the beginning of the month, you can apply for a job by writing a persuasive letter on why you should be picked for the job. You can only apply for one job at a time and you can't be picked for the same job twice in a row. The teacher picks based on your persuasive letter.

Last month, I applied for librarian but didn't get hired. Tomorrow I am going to apply for librarian again. I really want to get librarian. I think it's a fun program. It teaches me what life will be like.

At school, I sit next to my second cousin Reed Ellsworth. Reed and I built an electromagnet at his grandmother's house after school. His dad told us how to make it. It's cool because it actually picks up things like safety pins but bigger objects are too heavy for it.

In the beginning of the year, I did very well on my math pre-test so my teacher gave me a harder test. Now I am about 50 lessons ahead of the rest of the class. I go to another 4th grade teacher's class for math. Her name is Ms. Heredia. It's fun but REALLY challenging.

When I grow up I want to be a lego creator or a paleantologist.

I've earned by bear badge in cub scouts and 1 gold and 3 silver arrow points. Last weekend, I dove off the high dive. I was proud of myself but next time I will put my hands out first because I got a massive headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.