Sunday, October 17, 2010

October Happenings

At the young age of 10, I got a job! I am a librarian. I get paid $30 (scholar dollars) every week on Friday. I had to write a persuasive letter. I started out by whining about how I haven't had a job yet....pardon me while I wait for my mom to quit laughing. Then I said I am responsible...that's all I remember. But I got the job anyway. My duties as librarian are to check classroom books out for classmates and record it in a binder.

We had an award assembly on Friday. I got 3 awards: Perfect Attendance, A-B Honor Roll (Silver Award), and the P.E. award. The P.E. award surprised me. I didn't expect it. Mr. Weeks gave it to me because he said I set a good example of listening and respecting others....and that I was incredibly handsome...okay not the last part.

Hmmmmmm.....hummmmm.....hmmmmmm..........oh yeah! I went to Shooting Sports for 4-H yesterday. Last month, I did air rifles. Yesterday, I did bow and arrow. I like bow and arrow the best. I shot a total of 9 arrows. One of the arrows was a centimeter away from the center of the bulls eye. One of my other ones was about 2 inches away from the bulls eye. Only one of my arrows didn't hit the target. We were using 24-lb bows.

I also went shooting with my mom and dad a couple weekends ago. I shot a 20 gauge shotgun the most and also a .22 rifle, and David Tran's .38 special. (David Tran works with my dad). With the shotguns, we were shooting at clay pigeons. Clay pigeons are basically just little orange circles that you throw out like frisbees and shoot them out of the air. When they hit the ground, if you haven't shot them yet, they shatter. We also shot at old DVD's when we ran out of clay pigeons. Where we went, there was this big semi-circle ridge that we shot into. I climbed on top of the ridge and everyone looked like little ants. I liked throwing rocks down. They would just keep rolling and once I almost hit one of the targets. But then I had to come down so that I did not become a target when everyone else was ready to shoot.

I am now officially a webelos scout. My leader is Brother Boysun. Every time we go to scouts, we make some food. I think my favorite so far has been either the doughnuts or the woof'ums. Woof'ums are little biscuits that you wrap around a ball on a stick then roast until they are cooked. This makes a little bowl that you fill with cherries or pudding, whip cream, honey, and basically anything along those lines. Next weekend, my dad and I are going camping at a Webelos-ree campout. The webelos are going to be making all of the meals. I am a lot excited about going. It seems like a lot of fun. It is just an overnighter and I wish it was longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.